Posted by Elena del Valle on March 4, 2014Information provided by Event Partner
14th Annual Multicultural Media for Multicultural America Forum
Horowitz Associates’ 14th Annual Multicultural Media for Multicultural America Forum
March 20, 2014 | Edison Ballroom, NYC
8:00am – 5:30pm
The Multicultural Media Forum is a unique, research and strategy-driven event attended yearly by roughly 400 executives and decision-makers from the media, advertising, technology, and financial industries. Originally conceived as a summit to call the industry’s attention to the then-untapped value of multicultural consumers to businesses across the media spectrum, the Forum was the first and remains the leading event focused on the media consumption behaviors, attitudes, and demands of America’s diverse “new general market.” The theme of this year’s event is Transcending Multiculturalsim.
Our aim through this year’s Multicultural Media Forum is to lead the media industry beyond its conventional understanding of “multiculturalism” and toward a new paradigm of “transculturalism” that encompasses and weaves together America’s myriad cultures into a new vision of the mainstream that truly reflects our country’s vibrant diversity. What exactly is transculturalism? How is it different from other words that are being used of late—words like multicultural, total-market or cross-cultural? Perhaps most importantly, what are the implications of this idea of transculturalism to all aspects of the media industry? Whether your business is aimed towards the “general market,” Millennials, or whether you target distinct multicultural segments, understanding the implications of transculturalism will be critical for your future success.
The agenda will include a research presentation featuring new research on Hispanic and multicultural consumers and their media habits. The agenda will also include a case study from sesame workshop entitled “Lessons from the Street: What Sesame Workshop Learned from Hispanic Moms and Kids.” Learn more about this new concept and the future of the media industry at this March 20th event.
Confirmed speakers and panelists include:
- Julio Arrieta, Managing Director, Brand Leadership, Lopez Negrete
- Clayton Banks, President, Ember Media
- Artie Bulgrin, SVP, Research & Analytics, ESPN
- Silvina Cendra, Planning Director, Grupo Gallegos
- Marve Frazier, Chief Creative Officer, Moguldom Media
- Joel Kliksberg, VP and Chief Strategy Officer, Fusion
- Michael Maliner, VP, Strategic Planning, UniWorld Group
- Evan Shapiro, President, Pivot Radha Subramanyam, EVP, Sales and Marketing Research, Clear Channel Media and Entertainment
- Luba Tolkachyov, Co-Founder and Managing Partner, Findr Group
- José Vélez-Silva, Senior Director, Multicultural Marketing, Comcast
- José Villa, President, Sensis
For the full list of speakers: www.multiculturalmediaforum.com The Multicultural Media Forum will take place on Thursday March 20th, 2014 at the Edison Ballroom in New York City from 8:00a.m.-5:30 p.m. Visit www.multiculturalmediaforum.com for more information and to register.
Enter promotional code HMPR2014 and receive an extra $50 off!
For more information and sponsorship opportunities, please contact us at 914-834-5999 or firstname.lastname@example.org.